CLAS is committed to providing high-quality legal services. We want to know if a client is not satisfied with the services they have received from CLAS lawyers, advocates, or private lawyers that we have retained on your behalf through our Mental Health Law Program (“MHLP”). We will register your complaint, assess it, and communicate with you as set out below.
- Please consider the following when submitting your complaint:
- Provide us with a clear idea of the problem you have experienced and the solution you want.
- Provide us with all of the relevant information you have (or know about) with your complaint.
- Attach any relevant supporting documents that help clarify your complaint.
- Tell us new facts as they arise.
What is the Complaint Process
Once we receive your written complaint, we will do the following:
- Record receipt of your complaint and send you an acknowledgment within 10 business days.
- Give you written reasons for our decision within 30 business days. If your complaint is missing any of the necessary information required to assess your matter, this could cause delay and prevent us from issuing a decision in time or at all. Please ensure you respond promptly to any of our requests for further information and update us with any new contact information.
- The reasons will be sent to the last address we have on file for you unless you have provided CLAS with new contact information with your complaint.
- Under our MHLP funding contract, we must also report to our funder, the Legal Services Society, on the results of our investigation, subject to the limitations of lawyer-client privilege.
How to Make a Complaint
If you have a complaint about the services provided by an MHLP lawyer, advocate, or private lawyer we have retained on your behalf, please submit your complaint by filling and submitting the form below.
You may also send your complaint in writing to mailing address or email as listed below.
- Your full name and contact information (email, phone, and address)
- Your lawyer / legal advocate’s name
- Who was represented by the lawyer / legal advocate (you or someone else)
- Details of your complaint, including examples and dates (in chronological order)
- Any supporting documents (if available)
Send your complaint by Email
Send your complaints by mail:
300-1140 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 4G1